Many of you may remember the kind Publix lady who saw me with Aidan when he was a month old and said "Girl, you look good, I remember when you were pregnant!". She is our favorite cashier and we go through her line regardless of how long it takes because Aidan is very fond of her and she is very sweet to him.
Anyway, I went through her line when I picked up Aidan's birthday party supplies and she had these words to say. "He's one? Take the bottle away now, you're the mama, its up to you." She has numerous grandchildren and children, so I do trust her advice. We had been weaning Aidan off the bottle, but really the moment he protested or refused, he usually got it back. But not today. Today was day one of Aidan's bottle detox. We even made it through bedtime, which we thought was the make it or break it time.
I have packed up all his bottles and am asking Rob to either give them to a coworker or donate them. We can't have them in the house. We told ourselves it was because if Aidan saw them, he would demand a bottle, but its really to force us not to give in...I know...not to give in to a one year old.
Thank GOD he didn't ever get into a pacifier or a blankie.
Much Love,
~The Newtons
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We didn't take Calvin add the bottle until about 20 months because he was not ready. We started replacing the bottle with sippy cups and then he only got a bottle at night. I hope things go well for you. Good luck it is really hard.
Andi
I love it that the cashier remembers you pg with Aidan! A few people in our town remember me with our two children born through adoption as well. Love it. I always smile and enjoy the moment. You do remember? Yea!
Post a Comment