We had our second post placement visit with the social worker on July 25th. It was originally scheduled for today, but the social worker realized she needed to do it within 30 days of the last visit. Of course, she realized this on the last day she was in town before going on vacation so it had to be done that day. I left work early to pick Aidan up from school and then ran home. She was already parked in front of our house, so I had NO time to straighten things up. I don't know about the rest of the world, but by Friday our house is in a bit of disarray. There was mail scattered on the table, an empty used bottle sitting on our end table, carpet in need of vacuuming, ect. I was horrified! Especially when I compare it to how we cleaned the house for our homestudy visit. It is still my new definition of clean. There's clean and then there's "homestudy" clean. In the end, she didn't really care and everything must have been fine on her report because we haven't heard otherwise from the agency.
Now that the second post placement visit is done, our lawyer can file our petition for adoption. He's doing it tomorrow. There are two separate petitions, one to terminate birth parent rights and then the other for adoption. He's running a notice in two papers. I sort of hoped it was going to be in the AJC so we could buy a copy, but turns out it’s the Fulton County Examiner or something equally obscure. He's also running a notice in a paper in Spalding county. What a crazy law! Who wakes up in the morning thinking to themselves, I might have fathered a child, let me check the Fulton County Examiner? Where do you even find it?? The notice will be in there for 30 days, if you happen to subscribe, please keep a copy for us. :)
Aidan is sleeping really well. He's averaging about 7 - 7.5 hours at night. He's also smiling a lot and cooing up a storm. Rob mimics Aidan's noises and Aidan responds. Its like he thinks they're having a conversation. Too cute!!
Much Love, ~The Newtons



No comments:
Post a Comment