Monday, July 21, 2008

First Day of School


Aidan had his first day of school today. I say school confidently because he came home with a lesson plan explaining the things he did today. We kind of feel like slackers when we saw all the stuff they did with him. Their lesson plan was told as though Aidan and the teacher were explaining Aidan's day, which is a little weird.

I feel compelled to list out his lesson plan because I'm still in awe of it. I mean, we were just making sure he ate, had a clean diaper, and didn't cry unnecessarily.

Infant Daily Activity Report:
- We will listen to the word Yes in spanish and respond to Ms. Nellie's voice
- Ms Nellie will hold us front of a mirror and describe us to ourselves to respond to auditory stimulation.
- I will hold a toy in front of the baby's eyes to focus eyes for increasing time span.
- We will try to create a design using a toys wheels to enjoy a tactile experience.
- We will play with all the different toys on the bouncy using both hands to improve our motor skills.
- We will listen to soft music during our nap time.
- We will reach out to be held to develop our help skills.

Being the neurotic parents that we are, we went by his school today during lunch. He was sleeping peacefully. Turns out that was his only nap of the day. They said he was an angel. When we got him home, he just wanted to sleep. You could almost sense his excitement to hear his sound machine. We anticipate he will be sleeping through the night in the near future.

Oh yeah, he puked his first bottle in a "projectile" type fashion on the teacher. Having had this happen to us, I hope Ms Nellie brought a change of clothes.

Much Love,
The Newtons


No comments: