Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun Weekend

Hello All!
Well this weekend started out a bit shaky. Rob and I were sick. Luckily, we got our antibiotics and his sinus infection and my tonsilitis cleared up, for the most part.

On Saturday, we all slept in and then Aidan and I went to The Ritz Carlton for afternoon tea with some of my friends from school (Mercer). It was a lot of fun and Aidan was very well behaved. The lounge at The Ritz Carlton was packed with Alabama and Clemson fans. I guess they were hosting some type of pre-game party. Everyone was all decked out.





On Sunday, Aidan and I decided to try running in the running stroller again. We have used it a couple of times for walks and he's definitely doing better in it. As you can see below, Aidan was quite happy starting off. About half-way through, it all fell apart. He started fussing and convinced his mom that he wanted to be carried. Once we got to the park, he had a bottle and enjoyed the beautiful morning. We watched a lot of little kids playing on the swing set and jungle gym.


Aidan made it about halfway back home before he decided he was DONE with the jogging stroller.



Saturday afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa came over. We had intended to have a picnic, but Aidan decided he wanted to nap, so we ate at home. When Aidan woke up from his nap, we discovered he was running a temperature. It was 99.7 degrees. Since Aidan is less than 3 months old, he can't have a temperature of more than 100.4. We gave him some tylenol, but when it hit 100.3 about 2 hours later, we called the doctor. The nurse told us how to get him situated, but said if it hit 100.4 to head to the ER. Luckily, after getting down to his diaper and giving him a bottle of cooler than normal formula, his temp went down to 99.2.

We kept an eye on him through out the night. Sweet Rob got up about every 2 - 3 hours and checked to make sure he was cool to the touch. I checked on him the opposite 2 - 3 hours from the video monitor. He didn't go longer than an hour without one of us checking on him. Needless to say, we've all napped today. He still had a little bit of a temp this morning, but I just checked him and it was down to 98.8. He has been his usual happy self the whole time, so hopefully this episode has passed. NOT FUN.

Aidan has just about outgrown all his 3 month clothes. I had mentioned this in passing to Cristina, who generously offered us Jackson's hand-me-downs. Aidan is set! Here's a cute picture of him seeing what would fit.


We don't have much else planned for the rest of the day. We're just going to keep our eye on our little man in case his fever flares up again. We're still a little under the weather ourselves, so it feels good to take it easy.

We hope everyone else is having a great and safe holiday.

Much Love,
~The Newtons

3 comments:

Katrina Elliott said...

Aidan is just adorable!!! I just love reading about his adventures. Keep the pics coming they are precious!!!

Anonymous said...

He is just too precious! He looks very happy in the jogging stroller. Keep getting some rest so you can make sure you all make a full recovery from all this junk going around.

Love~CL

monica said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on the nursery pics and all. Just praying for our phone to ring daily. :)

I'm sorry you guys were all sick. I was sick through Labor Day weekend too. I went to the doctor that Friday and had strep. It took 4 days of preschool and germy munchkins to get something. Craziness. It's taken me all week to get over it and I'm still not back 100%, but better. I had some sort of sinus/allergy stuff with it. Ick, ick, ick. It kicked my rear. I bet there's nothing scarier than your little one being sick!!! Glad he's better!