We're happy to announce that the 10 day waiting period is OVER. Aidan is ours!
We're switching to the blog so that we have better picture posting capabilities. We'll keep you updated on the status of the adoption. The next step is to terminate birthfather rights, which takes 30 days and some legal assistance. During that period we'll be visited by a social worker to make sure we're keeping the baby clean, fed, and healthy. If its like our homestudy visit, its more like catching up with an old friend. We love all the social workers we've met during this process and think they are amazing people.
We'll get another visit from the social worker every 30 days until the court date is scheduled. It will take about 90 days to schedule the court date after the second visit (6 months altogether from his birthday). Until then, we're Aidan's guardians after that, his birth certificate will be modified and he'll get our last name.
Anyway, we're so happy.
Much Love,
The Newtons
3 comments:
We are so happy for you. Congrats on Aidan finally being yours!! I'm so glad you are doing so good!
I'm glad that everything is going as planned. Baby Aidan is a cutey! We can't wait to meet him in person.
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! I know you are wonderful parents already. love, Amy S.
Post a Comment