We redid the carpeting in our house just after Christmas and put in a really nice thick padding underneath. Its really working out well, because when he falls down, he just sort of bounces. We don't think it will be long before he walks.
He is waiving bye-bye or hello pretty consistently and will even share his toys with you, as long as you know you are going to have to give them right back. Peek-a-boo is his favorite game to play.
Aidan has a jungle noises noise machine attached to the side of his crib. He hasn't used it to often before because he sleeps with a regular noise machine. Well, a couple of times this past week, when either Rob or I would go to wake him up, we would find him wide awake and on his hands and knees poking the button that makes the noise machine light up and sing to him. He looked up at us giggling both times.
We are amazed everyday by how quickly he is growing. He's over 23 lbs. I was changing his diaper at Publix today while waiting for the prescription for his most recent ear infection to be filled. While there, a "nice" lady came up to me and said, what a beautiful baby and asked how old he was. When I told her he was 8 and a half months, she began to tell me about some parenting tips she had learned while watching tv shows on how to raise kids. She wanted to make sure I knew that if a baby starts off heavy and stays heavy through his toddler years, he is more likely to be overweight as an adult. I wanted desperately to say, "So is that what happened to you?" or "And how many children have you had exactly?" but instead bit my tongue and got out of there. Aidan is a bit thick, but is in the 75th percentile for his age, so not overweight at all. I was so shocked I called my sister and we had a good laugh. (thank god for sisters)
We had a great Valentine's day. Grandma and Grandpa babysat so Rob and I could go to dinner and a movie. It was our second date since Aidan was born. It was wonderful to have some us time. Plus Grandma and Grandpa did a fantastic job with our little man. We can't wait until they babysit again on March 7th.
We hope this finds you well.
Much Love,
~The Newtons
No comments:
Post a Comment